Friday 12 May 2017

WBP Evaluation

Whilst being on Work Based Placement it's taught me so much about being a makeup artist i have realised that in the industry its all extremely fast paced, your clientele differs from one to the other you could work with really young girls to a lot older women, you will be working on any age, sex, race there is. I really have learnt from working with my friend in the hospital and some other patients how much makeup can make a impact on someones self esteem they could be feeling at their lowest and you can apply some makeup to their faces and they feel so much better about themselves even when they are feeling at their lowest and that makes me feel so privalidged to be able to do makeup. When the ladies from Look Good Fee Better came in to talk to us i really wanted to help people with illnesses just to see what an impact it can make on someones life just to spend some time with them and apply some makeup to their face.
I have really enjoyed the whole of the WBP especially the photoshoots its opened my eyes more in which pathway i want to take when i have finished my degree i want to go into catwalks and fashion shoots i love the whole idea of having to do as many models as you can and some you have to build the makeup up like from one of my previous posts i wrote how if your on a fashion shoot you have to work from the most minimal makeup then your looks gradually get heavier. I have realised how frustrating it can be for makeup artists with models not turning up or being late, the lack of time you can get to do a models makeup and hair etc. I have really enjoyed working with different people and making connections from the models to the photographers and even to other makeup artists. I have swapped details with other people in the industry and we have said if we ever need a photographer, MUA or a model then we will get in contact. I believe that in the media industry its all about who you know and word of mouth and also the more voulentry work you do it will eventually pay off. As i have done so many free makeups i have really seen an improvement in myself not just my technique and ability but my timing and my professionality with other members of the public i really do think that doing WBP has really helped me in my confidence also in the manner to speak to new people with confidence also i believe that when we have had guest speakers in from the industry i think that has helped me massivley in the fact that they have answered any of my questions that i had about working in the industry and even down to how they first started off to not getting paid for all their hard work to getting paid really well and to the companies they work with such as Vogue and to anyone thats a really big achievement.
 I will defiantly be carrying on in my spare time to do voulentry work as that will get my name around and then i will be able to hopefully start to get paid work, i am trying to get onto a fashion show or a catwalk as thats the industry I'm really into.
I think my best part of WBP has defiantly got to be going to New York and speaking to different makeup artists and watching a demo at Chic studios as i have realised that different MUA'S from all around the world do makeup completely different. As we over in England have huge trends for really heavy makeup and when we went to America it was nice to see that they wasn't all about extremely heavy drag style makeup and its nice to see how different MUA'S like to work and to see their different techniques.



No comments:

Post a Comment