Friday 12 May 2017

Final showcase SIFI concept evaluation

Overall on my Sifi concept for showcase I really enjoyed it and I think that my planning and my work really payed off. I really wanted a more up to date fashionable makeup look as I put in my planning, the key feature i wanted to stand out was the eyes with all the bold colours, the white bottom lashes, the white in the water line and the glitter stars under the eyes. Due to me having to do the makeup at 12 o'clock and it getting marked at 8 o'clock I think that was the only problem as the hair had dropped slightly where my model had knocked it even though I had covered it in hair spray all over the hair and put so many clips in. I wanted the hair to look like a pretty, more fashionable up do mohican style and I really liked it and I just sprayed all silver glitter in the hair to tie in more with the theme. If I could go back and change bits from my look I would apply a slight amount of black mascara to the lashes to blend into the false eyelashes, I would use a stronger adhesive for the glitter on the chest as I had a lot of stars and glitter and some of it had come off when she got hot and sweaty as the room was really hot I didn't take that into consideration how hot it could of been and I should of brought more glitter stars and glue but I thought that they would stay on. But if I were to do it again I would cover the whole of her chest in the stars but use a stronger adhesive.
I think if we got graded earlier it probably would of been better as my model was drinking and eating I kept having to top up her lipstick and the eyeshadow pigment that I applied on top and it didn't look as good as it did the first time so I had to try and keep it as tidy as possible it started to look slightly "crispy". If I was to do the lips again I would take into consideration the length of time that the model would have to have the makeup and the lipstick on and I would find a longer lasting liquid lipstick like the Limecrime Holographic liquid lipstick so then I wouldn't have to worry about it sliding off and I know that it will be exactly what I want without using a eyeshadow pigment and by using the pigment it will dry out the lips as it is a powder on top of a lipstick and the models lips wouldn’t feel great as they are not getting the moisture they need and it would just make them feeling extremely dry and crusty.
I was really happy with my costume I think it looked amazing I bought a dance silver leotard and 1960’s silver tall boots it went really well with the theme. For the accessories I bought a child’s toy gun and sprayed it grey and I cut the bottom of a yoghurt pot and stuck it to the front of the gun and sprayed it grey to make it look like a space ray gun I was going to spray it silver to match the outfit but I wanted it to stand out and if there is too much silver it could look over the top.
If I could redo the makeup I would make it more difficult for myself like a rainbow cut crease with glitter this is what I was planning but the fact that I couldn’t practice on my model as she was from the casting call made me slightly worried. Because I didn’t want to plan a cut crease look if my model had a hooded eye or no eye space then I would have to make something up on the spot to suit her eye shape. I think what I had done the rounded blown out eye suits every eye shape and I personally thought that would have been the safer option. I tried to see her eye shape from the photos that was provided from the casting call but I couldn’t see that well.
I would like to recreate my look and do it all weird with the cut crease, crazy backcombed hair maybe some white contacts, and a different colour contour.

No comments:

Post a Comment